Many people around the world suffer from weight issues. Either they are over-weight or are under-weight. No matter what the issue is it can be resolved by fixing two things.
One is having a healthy diet plan according to your body needs and the second is exercise. 1600 Calories diet plan is a low-calorie diet plan and the beauty of this diet plan is that is it is very easy to follow. All you have to do is keep track of your calories and food intake.
Make sure to add all the important nutrients in your diet so that you don’t get sick or weak. Going on a 1600 calorie diet plan is not hard but while you are cutting all the excessive calories, make sure you don’t cut the important nutrients from it.
Your diet should have a perfect balance of fruits, vegetables, dairy, protein and other stuff and try to stay away from processed food as much as possible.
Here is a sample 1600 calories diet plan. For each meal there will be different options so you don’t get bored eating the same meal. Also the meal plan comes with short recipes. This way you won’t have to waste your time searching for the recipes online.
Benefits of 1600 Calorie Diet plan
The major benefit of going on a restricted-calorie diet is weight loss. When you consume fewer calories and burn more, you lose weight.
Studies have shown that it has additional benefits:
- People who follow a low-calorie diet are expected to live longer lives.
- The diet plan makes you more active which means you will have higher levels of physical activity.
- It reduces the risk of having any type of cancer.
- The diet is very effective and taking the right kind of food will not make you feel hungry.
- In the 1600 calorie diet plan, it is the total daily calories that are being monitored, not the specific type of food. That means you can eat your favorite food.
- It is also proven to improve your reproductive performance.
The Dangers of 1600 diet plan
When you are consuming a limited amount of calories, you have to be very careful when you are choosing what to eat.
- You can reduce your calories too low and put yourself at risk of missing out on important nutrients, such as calcium and iron.
- It can become a bit challenging for women to meet their daily nutrient needs if they are consuming 1,600 calories or less daily.
- A low calorie diet can cause weight loss to occur too rapidly and that will make you feel fatigued and nauseous or even in some cases, constipated.
- If your 1600 calorie diet is mainly processed food then your will lose weight but at the expense of your health.
Start your day with this (100 calories)
- 275ml of skimmed milk
Breakfast (350 calories)
- 1 hardboiled egg with 2 slices whole wheat toast with 2tsp of low-fat spread (Any brand) and Plus 1 small glass of orange juice and 6 grapes.
- 2 slices of whole wheat toast with marmite. Plus 1 pot raspberry yogurt.
- 50g granola along with 125ml semi skimmed milk and 1 apple.
Lunch (450 calories)
- Three bean salad
- Start with chopping 3 spring onions, 5 cherry tomatoes and 1 green pepper.
- Then mix it with 3tbsp each of red kidney beans, chick peas and cannelini beans and add 2 tbsp of fat-free dressing.
- Enjoy the salad with 1 whole grain bread roll topped with 2tsp low-fat spread.
Cheese and pickle sandwich
- All you have to do is make a sandwich with 30g cheddar cheese and 20g of pickle. Enjoy the tasty meal with 20g of pistachio nuts.
Chicken pasta salad
- Start with boiling 50g of pasta (Any kind) until soft.
- Serve the pasta with cherry tomatoes, halved, spinach, and 80g of chicken breast (roast).
- Crumble 30g of feta cheese on the salad and lastly, drizzle it with olive oil.
Dinner (500 calories)
Lamb chop with potato and vegetables
- First grill 1 lean loin lamb chop and serve with 1 jacket potato.
- Top it with 1tsp of low-fat spread, vegetables, and 1tbsp mint sauce.
- Your dish is ready.
Sausage, mash, and peas
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and boil potatoes until soft.
- Cook 2 sausages and then mash the potatoes with butter.
- Serve sausages with mash, peas, and 50ml gravy.
Roast vegetable salad
- First roast some chopped sweet potato, parsnip, and carrot until tender.
- Then add red pepper, onion, and cherry tomatoes to the oven and roast until soft.
- Then place rocket into a bowl and top with roasted veggies, pine nuts, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Now you can either have a 200 calorie snack or a 100 calorie. It depends on your appetite and energy levels.
Snack (200 calories)
- Chop 1 kiwi fruit, 1 small banana, and 1apple. Top it with some dressing and 1tbsp of chopped mixed nuts.
- Starbucks cappuccino, venti, with semi-skimmed milk. Just because you are on a diet doesn’t mean you can’t have Starbucks.
- Large (250ml) glass red wine
Snack (100 calories)
- 13 whole peanuts
- 4–5 medium salty pretzels.
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn.
- 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies medium-sized.
1600 calorie diet plan is an excellent way to lose weight. It is a low-calorie diet which means you need to be careful about what you are eating.
If you are facing any sort of weakness than you should leave the diet for a few days. You can continue the diet after you feel like you are energized and fit again.
Life is short and if you want to spend it fit and happy then you have to cut the excessive calories out from your diet.