Summer has started and it is OK if you haven’t lost weight. The coronavirus pandemic has forced us all to stay at our home for God knows how long. Your inner cook may have woken up but try to use this time to cook yourself healthy meals and become the best version of yourself.
A 1700 calories diet is an amazing diet that will help you lose weight in a very healthy way. Your main priority should be to eat healthy food. Make sure to incorporate all the major food groups and nutrition in your diet.
Eating a diet full of nutrition will help you stay energized throughout the day. You will feel full and this will stop you from overeating.
Your diet must include foods such as vegetables, lean meats, fruits, low-fat dairy, whole grains, and fats and should have the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. Try to keep your body hydrated.
Whether you are trying to lose weight or gain weight and build some muscle, keeping your body hydrated all the time is very important. Try to take at least 8 to10 glasses of water every day.
A major benefit of drinking plenty of water during weight loss is that your body will not crave anything unhealthy.
The nutrition in your 1700 diet should be according to this
- About half or 50% of your calories will come from carbohydrates. That makes it about 850 calories from carbohydrates per day.
- Then we have fats. About 10 to 30% of your calories will be from healthy fats. That is roughly 170 to 459 calories.
- Lastly, we have protein. 20 to 30% of calories will come from protein and that is 340 to 459 calories.
- The major benefit is weight loss. People who followed this diet reported effective and healthy weight loss. So I will highly recommend this diet to you if you want to lose weight.
- To live a happy life, you need to adopt a healthy lifestyle and that can only be achieved if you watch what you are eating. This 1700 calories diet plan will surely lead you to a healthy lifestyle.
- Another good thing I like about this diet is that it is very flexible and customizable. You can include all the major nutrients and still have room for your favorite food. This will be like giving oneself a treat.
- I have been emphasizing this point from the beginning and I will repeat it one more time that this 1700 calorie diet plan is a very healthy way to lose all your unwanted weight.
- If you think of it, 1700 calories are enough to keep you full and energized throughout the day. But that will only happen if you include healthy food in your diet. You can get enough calories to support proper nutrition which is the best part. Never compromise on your nutrition.
- A person who is used to having 2000 or 2500 calories every day will find this diet a little difficult. You will have to count calories and include only the food items that are healthy and highly nutritious.
- You will also be required to acquire cooking skills if you want to cook tasty meals that are calorie limited. Since we all are in quarantine and have all the time in the world, learning cooking skills will not be a big problem.
- Unfortunately, the 1700 calorie diet plan requires some planning and work but if you think of it, almost everything requires work and planning. It should not be a big problem to plan a 1700 calories diet plan.
- This diet will only be effective if you remain consistent, put in the efforts and then in the end, you will obviously see changes and benefits in the long term.
- Never skip your breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day and should not be skipped at any cost. Always start your day with a healthy and filling breakfast. For example, a cup of oatmeal made with 1 cup of non-fat milk or soy milk and topped with 10 chopped pecans or you can have 1 cup of sliced strawberries.
- Try to include foods with high fiber in your diet. Studies have shown that the food that takes longer to digest will make you stay full and happy for a longer period of time.
- Eat lean protein for lunch. Other good options are fiber-rich fruits, veggies and whole grains. This will keep you full all afternoon. Make yourself a salad.
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 12 chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp of low-fat salad dressing
- 6-ounce container of nonfat Greek yogurt.
Combine all the ingredients and enjoy a colorful and tasty salad.
1700 calorie sample diet plan for one day
Here is a sample for you. Remember you can become as creative as you want but just be careful to add healthy food and stay in the caloric range.
Breakfast (341 Calories)
- 45 grams of oatmeal
- 2 medium boiled eggs
Morning Snack (147 Calories)
- 1 medium size Apple
- 5 to 8 Almonds
Lunch (387 Calories)
- 1 bowl of vegetable soup
- 124 grams of brown rice, cooked
- 5 oz of chicken breast, grilled
Evening Snack (203 Calories)
- 1 slice of peanut butter sandwich
Dinner (618 Calories)
- 1 Pita flatbread
- 1 bowl of cucumber Salad
- 2 cheese slice, any kind
- 2 oz of chicken breast, grilled or cooked
- 150 gram curd
The 1700 calorie diet will only be effective if you stay consistent. Consistency is the key. Take some rest or even a cheat day if you want but remember to get right back on track after you have rested.